This week on the podcast, we’ll delve into part of our mission statement here at Sharpening Character! Join Andrew as he takes a look at some types of relationships we have as young men, and where to turn for guidance in handling ourselves in them. We’ll also take glance at Hebrews 12:1, a verse we’ve discussed before but we’re featuring again in our ScriptureFocus segment this week. And if that isn’t enough, we’ve even got some information about the big solar eclipse next week–including some safety tips you won’t want to miss, plus a special edition VersePic for the occasion! All that and more, this week, on the Sharpening Character Podcast!
(Hosted by Andrew)
Verses referenced in this segment:
- 1 Corinthians 15:33
- Romans 13:14
- Proverbs 27:17
- Ephesians 4:29
- Matthew 22:35-40
- “Honor thy Father and Mother”: Exodus 20:12, Deuteronomy 5:16, Matthew 15:4, Matthew 19:19, Mark 10:19, Luke 18:20, Ephesians 6:2
- Proverbs 27:6
PLEASE USE PROPER EYE PROTECTION TO VIEW THE ECLIPSE ON AUGUST 21st, NOT SUNGLASSES!
Find safe ways to view the eclipse, as well as timing and maps in the links below…
- Pinhole Projector How-to Video (NASA)
- Pinhole Projector How-to Instructions (NASA Jet Propulsion Lab)
- PDF Map of Eclipse Coverage and Timing (NASA)
- General Eclipse Information and Interactive Map (National Weather Service)
Isaiah 40:22–our Special Edition VersePic for the August 21st Solar Eclipse! Click or tap to download this version, or for the tablet size, visit our VersePics page!
Don’t forget our “normal” VersePic for this week!
Click or tap the image to download. For the tablet version and past VersePics, check out our VersePics page!
Some music in this episode used by courtesy of Greg Howlett