This year on the podcast, we’re partnering with Courageous Men of the Word to bring you a new way to apply God’s Word to your life!
Each month we’ll put forth a challenge that goes along with a theme for that month–a practical task or goal to help you grow deeper in your relationship with the Lord. Each week in our ScriptureFocus segments on the podcast, we’ll share verses to help and encourage you in the challenge along the way. Then, at the end of the month, we’ll share what we’ve been learning through the challenge in our CMOW episode!
We’ll also give you the opportunity to share your testimonies as we seek to grow together in our walk with God!
March 2019: Fitness
- Set a new personal record (distance, time, reps, etc.) in an activity of your choice (running, lifting, etc.)
- Lose (or gain) a specific amount of weight by careful eating and exercise.
- Successfully start a fitness routine
February 2019: "Love Thy Neighbor"
For the month of February, we’re focusing on the “Second Greatest Commandment” from Mark 12:31, “…Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself…” As we follow this command, we’re spreading the love of God to those around us–being an example of Jesus as we seek to follow Him!
Here’s this month’s challenge: Each week in February (so at least 4 times), commit an act of love that demonstrates selfless service without expecting anything in return.
Some examples to help you get started:
- Secretly doing a sibling’s chores
- Taking time to listen to someone who’s having a bad day–even if they’re “getting on your nerves”
- Writing a thank you note to someone who has had an impact on your life
- Buying a gift for someone special
The most important part of this challenge isn’t just “checking it off,” but putting some thought and effort into loving those around you (your neighbors): your siblings, family, friends, coworkers, and anyone you come in contact with! Listen in to the podcast throughout the month for encouragement in the challenge, including defining “who is my neighbor?,” loving our enemies, and more. As always, be sure and let us know how you’re doing with the challenge by emailing us or commenting here on the website, and you just might be included in the CMOW episode at the end of the month!
January 2019: Goal Setting
For the month of January, we’re focusing on goal setting in light of Luke 2:52, “And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.” This verse provides an excellent roadmap to see which areas in our lives we need to be growing in, no matter what our age is!
Here’s the challenge. Set a long-term goal for this year in each of these areas:
- Growing in wisdom (application of knowledge)
- Growing in stature (physical ability and maturity)
- Growing in “favor with God” (depth of relationship)
- Growing in “favor with man” (compassion, graciousness, and love)
Be sure to pray about this challenge and ask the Lord what areas He would have you to specifically focus on in the new year! Listen throughout the month for encouragement in setting goals and seeking the Lord in all that we do. As January progresses, let us know how you’re doing by emailing us or commenting on the website. If you get to us by January 24th, we’d love to share some of that feedback in our CMOW episode!